Dive into the Agro API | Part 1 – Personal account
Posted on 09 Jul 2018
By: Maxim Samokhin
Backend Developer, OpenWeather
This April, OpenWeather presented a brand new product, the Agro API, which was intended to change the working process of agricultural applications. Our algorithms for collecting and processing satellite scenes and weather data, combined with the simplified delivery of prepared products to the end user, make this product wholly unique and very convenient.
This set of articles about the Agro API explain all the benefits of our service. They also show how and why you can use our instruments for your purposes and applications.
First of all, please read our documentation to get the full information on how to work with the Agro API. To make it easy for you to work with our documentation, please follow these steps:
2. We have lots of features and tabs in your account that help you to set up and manage your subscription (please see the screenshot below):
- “My Services” – here you can check the status of your subscription. Go to the “Billing Plans” tab to choose a tariff plan, subscribe or unsubscribe.
- “API Keys” – here you can find or generate your API keys, which you will need when working with the Agro API. You can generate as many keys as you need for your application.
- “My Polygons” – you can check a list of your polygons here, according to your subscription plan. For more information about tariffs, please contact us. We will describe the creation of polygons in Part 2 in this series of articles.
- “Billing Plans” – here you can find the full list of our tariff plans and available agricultural areas for working with the Agro API.
- “My Payments” – you can review a history of your payments here.
- “Setup” – here you can find your profile settings.
You now need to add polygons (in GeoJSON format) with your fields or areas of interest for working with the Agro API. You can refer to our documentation for more details. Also, please read the step-by-step description of the operations with polygons and the Agro API.