We are OpenWeather – a high-growth, dynamic technology company headquartered in the iconic Gherkin, one of the most remarkable business centres in the City of London. We proudly serve over six million customers worldwide, ranging from small businesses to large corporate clients, with our analytical products and data sets based on weather data and satellite imagery.
Our team embodies diverse experience in IT technologies, big data, science, machine learning, and data processing. This unique blend makes OpenWeather an exceptional workplace, one that fosters a close-knit community of professionals committed to sustainability and ethical business practices. We strive not only to innovate but also to make a positive impact on the environment and society through our operations and services.
Performance-Driven: Our team members come from various backgrounds and corners of the world,bringing diverse expertise. What unites us is our commitment to performing at our best, continuously learning, and thriving as we tackle new challenges.
Collaborative: We believe that two heads are usually better than one. Collaboration is at the heart of our approach. We work closely together, supporting one another, and sharing a collective vision to find the best solutions for our clients.
What we are looking for
We are excited to welcome a new Accountant to our team. This role is crucial for maintaining our major accounting services in-house, ensuring financial accuracy and compliance.
- Manage and execute essential accounting functions including PAYE, bookkeeping, VAT returns, and pension schemes
- Collaborate with external agencies for annual tax filings, ensuring seamless integration and accuracy
- Oversee financial transactions and maintain accurate financial records
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and regulatory standards
- Assist in budget preparation and financial forecasting
- Provide support in financial analysis and decision-making processes
- Proven experience in accounting or a related field
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial regulations in the UK
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Will be a plus:
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g., ACCA, CIMA)
- Experience with financial software and advanced proficiency in Excel
Why Join OpenWeather LTD?
- Be part of an innovative company at the forefront of weather data solutions that prioritises sustainable and ethical practices.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Enjoy a supportive work environment that values diversity and inclusion.
- Opportunities for professional development and career advancement.
This position offers a unique opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking company, contributing significantly to our in-house financial management while benefiting from a supportive and dynamic work environment.
Our company is developing fast so if this sounds like a place you would like to work in future please keep our details as we always encourage applications from talented and driven people.
Location: London, UK / Remote
Job Type: Full-timeSend my CV